Masthead header

The Rozel, Kansas Tornado by Stephen Locke

I’m in a mood. I’ve been forecasting daily for the unusual possibility of tornadic weather on October 3rd and 4th. In addition, I experienced tornado dreams last night in bed and they’ve been haunting me all day. Yes I’m in a mood, a tornado mood. Thus, I shall randomly post this previously unpublished video of the Rozel, Kansas Tornado. Not sure why I postponed for so long the release of this video… but now it’s up. This is the entire 20 minute lifespan, tornadogenesis to final ropeout, edited down to fit into a 10 minute video.

Do you ever have tornado dreams? If so, tell me about them in the comments section below. And share this blog post!

-Stephen

Tammy Nevills - October 2, 2013 - 1:54 am

Amazing footage, Stephen! I was plagued with tornado nightmares throughout my childhood, and was therefore terrified of storms… whenever the skies darkened I would tremble and sob. But by the grace of God I have been released of the fear, and now the storms make me feel alive again. I still have the dreams from time to time tho….

Janeen Sanchez - October 2, 2013 - 2:28 am

Had those nightmares as a kid, and still do, pushing 60, now and then.

Sue Melena - October 2, 2013 - 2:52 am

Nice job Stephen! I’ve had tornado dreams my whole life but it is because I grew up in Ruskin listening to neighbors tell stories. I had a tornado dream last night too. I was in a car with my Mom and daughter. A large sloppy tornado is bearing down on us. We had no exit route and became airborne. I started to scream the “Our Father” and woke up.

Patty Ingalls - October 2, 2013 - 4:09 am

A couple weeks ago, I had a dream I was in a boat chasing a water spout with Reed and others. LOL! It was AWESOME, of course!

Shane Kirk - January 29, 2014 - 2:22 am

I had a dream about one not long ago(last fall). I was chasing alone and way too close to a tornado. It turned and headed toward me and I remember saying to myself I wasn’t supposed to go this way. But I did. Must have scared me good because I woke up right after. At least I felt like I did…..

Diane Wilkens- Moro - April 23, 2015 - 3:07 pm

When I lived near McDonald, Kansas as a small child, age 9, I went to stay with my cousins in Trenton, NE. A tornado came through their farm and we took shelter in their dirt cellar. I remember the loud noise and all the sounds to this day. It took out many buildings and trees but we survived. In my 20’s I also lived in Hays KS. My husband was on the fire department at that time. Th most tornado’s I saw in one day was 13. But I am not afraid and do not have dreams about them.

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

BACK TO TOPEMAIL POST TO FRIEND